[Dailydrool] Fwd: Basset blues

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 8 16:35:44 PDT 2013

Poor Abby!!!

Yes, I have had all of these happen, to a variety of dogs, and it all turned out fine ..... except for my mental health, which will never be the same.

My sugar magnolia swelled up in the face like that and scared me to death ..... I tried benedryl and it didn't get a lot better so I called my mom (may her memory be for blessing) because it was night and the vet was closed and my mom said "Dale, she must have sniffed something, perhaps round up on a walk, get some prednisone in her and stay with me on the phone."  Well, Sweet Maggie was better very quickly, but not completely better for a couple of days.

Then my LuLu Belle had a bump swell up on her foot and they did the whole needle thing and then they did the two courses of antibiotics thing and finally they removed it and sent it out ...... and it was a bee stinger stuck in there that her body just grew a wrapper around ..... it must have been initially infected and thus the initial needle thing told them to do the antibiotics.

LuLu had the code of shame too ..... I bought her a blow up one.

So hang tight and think good thoughts and I'll have Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie sling drool for you so you don't go crazy like I did and for Abby so she'll be just fine.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson who has had all of these things happen to her dogs and always after vet hours!!!