[Dailydrool] Psuedomonas Infection

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 04:54:23 PDT 2013

The thing to keep in mind with Psuedomonas is that there is almost always
an underlying allergy component as well.  So, you have to treat the
allergies and the infection.

Bugsey had a Psuedomonas ear infection for 2 years as well.  We had him
allergy tested using blood.  I know it is not as effective, but we live in
an area without a great dermatologist.  I have had 6 dogs tested over the
years with fairly decent results.  It does food as well.  We also noticed
that with time, he was having more inflammation with a food not on his list
so we eliminated that as well.  We made great strides with the food but
just couldn't quite lick the infection.  Then he started losing hair.  So,
we put him on Atopica.  Between the Atopica and BNT we were able to get rid
of the last of the infection and he has been infection free for over a year
now.  He obviously doesn't eat food he is allergic to and he gets allergy
shots every month as well, but you would never know to look at him now just
how bad he used to be.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess