[Dailydrool] Flea not

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Jun 5 20:34:01 PDT 2013

Last year, we applied Advantix once, about May, and never saw another
flea. We had the stuff, but I saw no point in applying to flea-free
dogs, so didn't. This year, fully expected to see them, but so far, not
a one. Haven't applied preventive. They just aren't here (yet). Has
anyone else in South or anywhere flea-prone experienced this?

When we moved here (Tenn) from Arizona, we were thrilled and excited to
discover the wonderful world of fleas (hahaha...) as there are no fleas
in the desert portions of Arizona. Ticks, yes. Fleas, no -- ground gets
way too hot. Ticks are a mild problem here, but rarely seen unless we
humans venture into high-grass area or woods at back of our property --
in which case we find one or two attached to ourselves. The dog's don't
go there and, apparently, the ticks don't come close to house, so no
great concern. But why on earth have the fleas abandoned us? Not that
I'm complaining; it's just weird.

Riche, hoping not to have jinxed ourselves