[Dailydrool] The Deluge

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Mon Jun 10 16:24:48 PDT 2013

As with most of the eastern US we experienced periods of torrential
downpours today. I let the bassets out this am in a mild drizzle while I fixed
their bowls. Within a minute of putting them out, a downpour started. I
hurried  through meal prep and went to open the sliding door and there were three
very  wet bassets huddled under the table on the deck. The problem was that
it was  raining so hard that my rain gutters were overflowing creating a
waterfall  effect. All three did not want to come out from under that table
until I waved a  food bowl. My house had three big puddles at their feeding
stations when they  finished. Fast forward to tonite. A mild drizzle when I got
home so I let them  out and began filling their bowls. Again, within a
minute the downpour started  along with the overflowing gutters. This time they
were so scared of the  "waterfall" that even the bowl didn't tempt them.
After a few minutes of  coaxing, Crackers and Jordan came in but not Loki. No,
my brave little boy was  not even tempted by the food bowl. I tried
everything from throwing a parka  across a chair to create a tunnel to dropping bits
of chicken. No dice.  Meanwhile, I am getting soaked and water is splashing
into the family room.  Finally after about 10 minutes, he tucked his tail
between his legs and came  over to me and dashed through waterfall. Now in
addition to drying off three  soaked to the skin bassets, my family room floor
is soaked (thankfully it is  vinyl) so I am mopping and drying bassets.
Loki and Crackers like getting  toweled off but Jordan seemed to think a belly
rub would be better and her belly  wasn't even wet! They all finished the
process by finding a piece of furniture  they could roll around on and I am
just throwing towels on the floor for the  time being. And thankfully I wore
cotton khakis today so I am just drip drying.  Hoping for some sun soon!
Kathy with the soggy trio of Crackers, Loki and  Jordan