[Dailydrool] Flash and Amelia

Karen McKenna tibbotbasset at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 19:56:17 PDT 2013

I had written a few weeks ago about Flash and Amelia and their many nighttime accidents. A lot of kind droolers took the time to email me and suggest things.
We brought Flash in to the vet a few days later. He had begun to urinate without realizing that he was doing it. He did have bladder stones and the vet did an X-ray to check on them. The stones had become more numerous and Flash was scheduled for surgery the next day. So two weeks ago Tomorrow (Friday) he had his operation. I picked him up afterward for a weekend at the emergency vet. The poor boy had an IV, and a urinary catheter. Needless to say it was not a pleasant mini van ride across town.
Flash goes back tomorrow to have stitches and staples removed. He's had some dripping/puddles but all small and will hopefully go away as he recovers.
We did have some bad news about home. The vet sent the samples of the bladder wall and stones (he had to scrape stones from the wall) and they came back showing that he has bladder cancer.  I'm told its fairly invasive and quick moving. Right now flash is doing well but I am not sure what we will have in the future.
As far as Amelia, I was convinced she was the culprit of the night time accidents. Totally wrong. There hasn't been a flood or accident even with all this rain, since flash left for his surgery ,except for the Flash drips of course.  We have apologized to Amelia profusely and bought ourselves back into her good graces with a lot of treats and love.
Please send good thoughts for my Flash. I just want him to be happy and comfortable for the time that we have him and I hope to have more info after his appt tomorrow.

Thanks,
Karen
flash and amelia

Sent from my iPhone