[Dailydrool] New Houndette

carla kleinschmidt mshounddog at wowway.com
Sat Jun 15 09:04:45 PDT 2013

Things are going just great with the new shelter basset I adopted a couple of weeks ago. I can say confidently that she is housebroken. Haven't had any accidents at all, so I'm pretty sure she has the idea. I am so happy how well she gets along with Belle, because that was the whole reason I was looking for another. They play like a couple of pups doing alligator mouth, basset 500, wrestling, toys, everything. If Belle gets tired of playing all he has to do is give a low growl and Taffy backs away right now. I couldn't be more pleased. I was so afraid to get a second one, because I had two before and the one constantly enforced her alpha status when it wasn't even necessary. It was ridiculous, and the alpha one made the other one's life miserable so much so that when the alpha one died, the other one nearly celebrated the absence. I sure didn't want this new dog trying to Lord it over Belle. I did feel like Belle was bored and restless sometimes and needed a companion. So all is well and as it should be. I really think Taffy was treated well before she was stray. She seems very well adjusted, calm, and okay with nearly anything. Thanks for all who sent us a note to congratulate me on the new addition.

Carla K., Belle, and Taffy in Indiana

--

Visit Belle at:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1188726