[Dailydrool] Lump advice

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 06:01:26 PDT 2013

Clara is a lumpy girl. Last year I had three sebaceous cysts removed and she has another few really small ones. I am not worried about them.

However, she has a different sort of lump on her head. It appeared on, or close to, the site of a tick which I removed about six weeks ago and may be completely unrelated. The lump is hard, grey and about the size of a match head. It has grown very slightly in the five weeks since I noticed it.

She doesn't like me touching it, although stroking her head doesn't worry her.

There is no inflammation, redness, puss, or head of any sort I can see, but there may be a slight point to it (it's small, my eyesight is not great).

She is her usual happy, healthy, bouncy self, completely unaware that at nine years old she should not be behaving like a two-year-old.

Has anyone any ideas? Should I worry and take her to the vet? Cash is a little stretched at the moment, but I will take her if people think it may be necessary.

Sally with Rolph and Clara, UK