[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge / Doggy Paddle Contest

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 06:21:44 PDT 2013

I've been mainly lurking in recent months, but have been a dedicated voter
on the Shelter Challenges. I have been assuming that we would vote for
Basset Buddies in the Doggy Paddle Contest as a bonus contest that, if won,
would allow us to earn $1000 for Basset Buddies and then move on to the
next rescue on our list in the next Shelter Challenge. Since the Doggy
Paddle is world-wide and only will have 5 winners, I suspected that we'd be
out-voted by some of the huge groups. It would have been nice, but not too
surprising to be losing ground. Our success has been our ability to
supplement a state vote  with our numbers. That said...I hope we will not
boot Basset Buddies to the bottom of the list if we aren't able to carry
them in the Doggy Paddle. I suggest we still vote for Basset Buddies in the
next "regular" Shelter Challenge as we'd planned.

Please keep Oklahoma Oliver and our family in your thoughts. We are in a
Hospice situation with Oliver, who has lymphoma. I have corresponded with a
few Droolers who have given me invaluable advice, for which I'm eternally
grateful. Oliver remains tails up and wagging and we will keep him that way
as long as possible. When we can't, we will escort him to the bridge. The
girls will be thrown by this as they are a true pack and are rarely out of
sight of each other. GracieLou, the pack leader, becomes especially frantic
if one of the others is out of sight. She carries on like crazy when I have
to take Oliver to the vet.

Thanks! Ellen & Miss Magnolia & GracieLou FlatBasset & Oliver & Abigail
(ATB)