[Dailydrool] Hoisting long doggies into the car

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 15:21:34 PDT 2013

My two hounds are fifty pounders, but fairly long. I get them in the car in a two step process. first the dog stands facing the car at the open driver's seat door. I lift the front legs of the dog (hands around the rib cage) and place the front legs on the driver's seat. the dog stands patiently. then I go down and lift the rear legs up to the level of the seat with a little shove. the dog moves to the passenger seat, then through the space between the seats to the rear of the car. Once the first dog is in, I do the next one, who is waiting in line. I drive an old Honda Element. don't know if this method would work for other cars or heavier or squirmier hounds, but works for us (I also have a bad back). also, my boys want to get in the car (hey, are we going to the Fish restaurant?) and are pretty laid back. Val, Bo, and Harley