[Dailydrool] Harvey and Pee-pee

Sue And David Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 07:31:01 PDT 2013

My sweet little 3 yr old Harvey, who has never marked the house, even as a
puppy, has started pee-peeing around the family room.  After my carpets were
cleaned I noticed a strong odor, not necessarily a urine odor, in certain
areas of the family room and TV room.  I called them back and they redid the
2 rooms.

Harvey found a few spots to pee-pee in in that room near the coach and
sliding glass doors.  So, I used Natures Miracle, blotting the urine,
spraying water on it and sucking it up with Shop vac, then spraying the
Natures Miracle,  letting it dry several days,  blocking Harvey and the
others from acces to it.

Then he pee-peed again in the same areas.  So I called the vet, she reminded
me that Harvey does have "some" bacteria in his urine, and we have him on a
Probiotic for a month and it could be the reason for it, along with his high
levels in BUN and Creatinine.  He does drink large amounts of water.  Trying
to put smaller amounts in the bowls at a time.  With 3 large dogs, I am
refilling often.

The vet also said to put rubbing alcohol right on the carpet, after testing
it for colorfastness of course.  So that is what I am now doing.  Areas are
blocked off again and I will let you know the outcome in a few days. It
seems to be taking the urine odor right out of the carpet.

This is NEW to me.  I have had dogs all my life and never heard of this!!  A
much cheaper and sure way of dealing with urine in carpets!! Yeah!!

Like I said, I will let you know in a few days!!

Sue to the triplets:

Tilly - I would NEVER pee-pee in the house

Phoebe - I would lick it up so you would never see it if I did

Harvey - Am I a naughty boy - or still your little baby boy