[Dailydrool] Pierre's morning walk

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 06:17:21 PDT 2013

I am trying to walk Pierre again on a regular basis now that the home is finally calm again, all hounds and Mom stable.It is a perfect summer morning today, and off Pierre and I went.  He is a good walker, and he likes to take his time, smell all the roses, keep an eye out for peoples and dogs in the neighborhood.  We had a great treat today as we saw a man walking a beagle and a coonhound.  The beagle looked so like Bandit, my one week foster, and I was hoping to pet him, but Pierre was not interested in rushing into a conversation with the pair.  But, the man was talking to an elder couple in a car, as they were asking for directions.  The car turned around, and I saw a head with long ears out of the driver's window. I said to myself, "could it be?", and sure enough, it was a basset hound.  They pulled over to chat with Pierre and I, and he was Bentley the basset.  He was really cute, and it was such a nice way to start the morning.  I am taking some "Jackie" time today, and I am bringing my bike to the beach trail, do a little bike riding.   I used to bike a lot, and I recently dusted off Dad's bike, my hand me down, and got back in the saddle.  Better than drinking wine, I say.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the Gypsy Van Hounds