[Dailydrool] More on the hacking scam

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 13:36:23 PDT 2013

My husband tells me that the hacking scam that infiltrated my email was probably a two step scam--first collect emails out of my address book. Notice that the scam message never said where to send the money. then send another follow up email to those addresses from a phony server. My husband and I both received an email this morning allegedly from Yahoo itself asking us to update with additional information (not sure what information as I didn't "click" on it). bill contacted Yahoo and discovered the update email (not sent from me) was a phony "phishing" email. He says the first fake email was just to set up the second. SO--if any of you get an email from your server (Yahoo, etc.)' DO NOT SEND INFO. It is also a fake.

I have changed my passwords, so hopefully there will be no more phony emails from me.

finally, I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of Droolers. I received over a dozen emails alerting me to the scam. thank you so much, everyone. I truly feel like you are family. this was a wonderful side effect--knowing people care--of an otherwise big annoyance.  Second nice side effect was people I have not corresponded with in years (a college roommate) wrote to me to alert me to the scam--they were on my email address book-- and we are back in touch now. hen I went to the fabric store yesterday, the proprietress asked me "So how were the Phillipines?" In a joking tone. Replied I: "Apparently not all that great."  Val