[Dailydrool] Basset Sleep Mask

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 22 13:41:11 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's Dale,

Gracie likes to take naps in the "big bed."  One time the sun was coming through the window and it moved across her eyes and Greg swore she took her ear and fiipped it across her eyes.  I thought he probably imagined it, or it was a coinsidence.  But now I've seen her do it too.  Several times.  One time early in the morning just after the sun came up I had fed them and we had all come back to bed and she settled and sighed .... the light was coming in around the curtains, and she pushed  her ear with her paw and flipped it over her eyes.  So I KNOW Gracie does this and now .....

Just now on the back stoop Snoopy was sunning himself and he reached up and flipped his ear over his eyes to shade his eyes from the sun.  Did he learn this from Gracie?  Do all bassets do this and I've just been clueless up until now?  How about your bassets?

More later from the clueless momPerson who wants to know