[Dailydrool] Welcome to new Bounder, Ellen! and more in Bounder news

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 23 06:26:53 PDT 2013

Hi all!

We are welcoming our newest Bounder, Ellen.     She came to us this past
Friday evening,  after her mom died.

You have no doubt heard that many families of the deceased have no desire to
care for pets of their beloved sister, brother, mom, dad.  Ellen's story is
no different.

Ellen will be 11 this summer sometime,  she lived with the same woman all
her life.  She is in fairly good health, a little overweight (what?!?!???!?)

And will be getting a dental in her near future.  I just about fainted when
I took a quick look at her teeth.  A friend said it looked like mostly
tarter, and gums looked good, so am hoping she is right.  The vet may feel
differently.

Ellen is getting along pretty well here.  I know she is having some
adjustment, as she is going from being an only hound to one of 15.  Some of
the crew here have never learned about personal space, and Ellen is not fond
of her personal space being trampled on..literally.  So a bit of woofing has
been observed,  I don't blame her,  I woof too when trampled on by the
offender hounds, which I will not name.

We have a picture on our FB page and we will get one up on the website soon.

Other hound news is Beemer,  one of our Beagles, had Cushing's.  He is going
to start on meds this coming week.    Toby, one of our Bagels,  we thought
might has a mast cell tumor, but the pathology came back as just an
infection.  The lump is on his rear left hock and it has been going down
with antibiotics.not sure what sort of cyst it is.  Toby has a really bad
heart,  (congestive heart failure, grade 4 murmur) and we will not put him
under due to this.  Just glad it responded to the meds.  He is so very
sweet!   Delta Burke woke up the other morning not being able to walk well
in her hind end.  She kept leaning and falling to her left.  Had her into
the vet and x-rays are remarkably well, though a disc issue might not show
up.  Anyhow, started pred and cold laser therapy and she is doing much
better today.  Has been a bit busy here but we are getting through.

Newsletter in July will have more updates and photos,  so if you do not get
it,  please sign up for it, if you want too.  It is free and you can sign up
on the website    www.seniorhoundsabound.org

The link is on the left side of the page!  Have a great Sunday,  off soon
for another laser treatment for Delta!

Drool to all in need..Ellen, our new girl is a major drooler!

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org