[Dailydrool] Colt & Ruger checking in

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Jun 27 07:43:40 PDT 2013

The Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers checking in for the brothers. Colt & Ruger are doing well, especially considering that their home is slowly being devoured by boxes.  We are in the middle of a slow pack up here at the Gulf Coast HQ and the boyz and I will be moving up to the new Indiana Farm/ASTT HQ after the 4th of July holiday. The boyz were initially a little stressed out the first few days of paking, but with a half of an acepromazine for a couple of days to take the edge off they have adjusted to the packing. Plus I only pack for a few hours a day, and sit with the boyz inbetween packing and relax with them.  Plus on top of packing up of their house momma brought in a guest dog.  Champ is a 7 y/o labador whose parents went to visit family in upstate NY and didn't want to put him in a kennel. His Dadperson is a coworker of mine and had heard from Rambo's momma (Rambo is the great dane mix that I used to dogsit until he went to the bridge with bone cancer) that I was the best pet sitter, so he begged me to take Champ for a couple of weeks and I felt sorry for him...I wouldn't want to put my boyz in a kennel either and thankful we have never had to becasue they either go with us or the 3 Aunties that live next door and across the street from us take shifts to care for them.  I don't know what i am going to do without them at the farm. I have threatened them and the boyz vet that I was moving them all up to the farm with us.  I really wish that was possible.  I took the boyz into get their semi-annual exam from Dr. B last week and the boyz were giving a clean bill of health. Colt needs to loose about 3lbs to get to ideal health.  He is not at the "fat/obese" stage but is at the fluffy stage.  Colt disagrees and says that he is under long. Ruger is at a good weight but wouldn't hurt if he lost a tad bit...trying to keep him at the lean stage because of his crooked little front leg.

Basset sleep mask: I have never seen the boyz intentionally flip an ear over their eyes but I have on occassion seen it over their eyes.  But mostly they sleep with eyes uncovered.

We don't get to post as much as we used to, but hopefully that will change now that I am getting ready to retire...maybe not since we are retiring to a farm and farm life is a lot of hard work.  Anyhowl even though we may not post it...we love you all and we shed tears for every beloved hound that makes the journey to the rainbow bridge, saying prayers and send drool to all of the sick or injured hounds and humans.  We read every DD post...we laugh, we cry and we empathize.

Love and Drool to all,
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger who are napping behind me here in the office as i work on the computer.

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...