[Dailydrool] Carpet Odor

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 12:32:19 PDT 2013

Hey, Vicki

I have had good luck with Listerine (or the cheaper, imitation Listerine). I have a deck over a basement
entrance that is a cement pit with a drain with 2 steps to the yard. My Addison's basset would not go down the rather
lengthy, steep stairs from the deck, and peed on it regularly, and it dripped through to the cement pit.
Reeked in the summer. I tried all kinds of stuff, including bleach water-which worked the best-until I read about
some kennel that used listerine to clean and disinfect kennels. It works!

If your carpet is pretty much toast anyway- I would pour it on full strength and let it sit awhile and then put a towel
down and stand on it and sop it up. Don't use the blue-it might stain. Killing the germs is apparently an important part
of getting rid of the smell. (I think I have even seen clear Listerine?). Marilyn Briggs

" I've tried the KOE kennel odor cleaner,
different shampoos, Natures Miracle, just about everything. It's a rental
house & at some point I'll probably have to pay to have the carpet ripped
up, new pad put down, etc. But there's GOT to be something else I can use. "

Marilyn Briggs