[Dailydrool] June 20 Calendar

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 20 05:38:05 PDT 2013

On 6/20/2013 03:50, Julie Stevenson wrote:

This is my Cookie. She left for the bridge on April 3, 2013. She was the
boss around here and we certainly miss her. Her departure was
unexpected. I thought she was bloating but when she was taken to the
vet, it seems she was bleeding into her abdomen and it was most likely a
spleen rupture. She was almost gone when we took her to the vet and we
let her go.

Remarkably similar to what happened to our Mabel about a month earlier.

She appeared in distress so we took her to the vet who found internal
bleeding and a tumor golf ball sized on her spleen and a bladder full of
stones.  She was a rescue and older than Myrtle who turns eleven in a week.

Chance would have it that a younger basset was available at the League
for Animal Welfare in Batavia, just outside Cincinnati, so Agatha came
into our lives.  A young, spirited basset has made a big difference in
our household.  As we speak, she and Myrtle are curled up together on
the couch.  We are training each other.

How is Nutter Butter fitting in with the establishment?

Tommy H in the BlueGrass