[Dailydrool] Harvey and the pit bull

Ffrogger at aol.com Ffrogger at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 10:05:07 PST 2013

I am so glad Harvey is OK. I know they say don't hate the breed but
although I love most animals  I hate pit bulls and they seem to be the  number one
breed in Orlando. My Dylan loves his walks but I have  gotten to the point
of being afraid to take him out and I worry until my husband  brings him
home safe.  Just last week a block from our house  one  of the neighbors dogs,
who weighs over 100 ponds,  got attacked by one. It  took one man pulling
the dog off and two men beating on his head to get him  off. When they took
the dog to the vet they were told it was the 4th attack  they had seen  that
day.   Animal  control can't help much either. They came out and gave the
owner  a citation but that was it. Our neighbor's son told the officer he
should have  gotten his gun and shot the dog. The officer said that probably
would have  been better. Our neighbor took the vet bill to the pit's owner who
said he  couldn't afford to pay it and not to worry the dog was OK with
people just not  other dogs. Oh yea that makes be feel better. My head knows
there are nice pit  bulls out there and a lot of the problem is with the owners
but I still think  they are a problem breed. I will be anxious to see what
people do to  protect their dogs. My husband has started to carry one of the
citronella sprays  but I don't know if they really work. Again I am glad
Harvey is OK

Diane, slave to Dylan and Harry, the  cat