[Dailydrool] Walkin the Dog.....

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 16:43:44 PST 2013

Momma here, and much to my dismay/anger it seems that the IN thing to do in our neighborhood is bring that unleashed dog out in the front yard, heck, no leash-of course they are good......right. I cant begin to tell you how many times we have been "approached" by that nice little dog with no restraint.
Years ago some kind person on the drool made mention of a product called a Dazer. It omits a sound only heard by animals and will deter a oncoming charging beast. I do know it works as one night years ago-back when da Brudder Elwood was a bit younger-we were attacked by a pitt bull and his 4 owners stood and watched and did nothing. People heard me scream and cuss a half a block away-but here come the dog at Elwood. I had the Dazer and I dropped the oncoming animal and it put him to the ground. He dropped like a turd. He came back a second time and he got the same thing. I was so shook up I could hardly wobble home, Elwood was unharmed, thankfully, but I sure did thank the Dazer. If you google the name it will come up with many sites they are for sale. I carry it everytime I walk dogs, just in case....
That night when I got home, I called Animal Control and reported the neighbor. I also found out I was not the first, just another on the list-but since there had been no bites, only "issues" they could only give them a warning, and that they did.
The thing I don't like about the Dazer is that Elwood heard it also-but I guess it was the lesser of two evils shall we say.
I have also used it as a Jack Russell went after Brudder Jake-okay-lets think about this-a tiny yapper that was 15 years old, going after the Big Red 80 pound Dog. It was ugly-the owner stood stock still and screamed-I pulled out the Dazer and hit the button. Nothing-the old JR was deaf. Go figure.
To this day, Jake remembers the attack and will not walk by the house.
It is a shame that it has come to this, irresponsible owners, loose dogs and all we want to do is give the furkids some exercise.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger