[Dailydrool] Looziana Basset Rescue

Holly Simpson htsimpson1 at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 18:03:49 PST 2013

WOOHOO!!!  Congrats to Looziana Basset Rescue for nabbing 1st Place and $25,000 in the Gulf Coast Bank Community Rewards program. 2nd Place got $10,000 and was behind LBR by 2,042 votes!

We voted religiously during this challenge, as we do with the Shelter Challenge. I'm sure there are many local rewards programs out there giving money away - the DD is a great vehicle for getting the word out on these programs. Unlike the Shelter Challenge where we pick one group every voting period, local challenges most likely will have only one Basset rescue involved and we can collectively support that rescue in addition to other rescues in different challenges at the same time.

$25,000 will certainly give LBR some breathing room for now, but as with all rescues, it goes quick! Celebrate your win - LBR was by far the most popular group and deserves a nice bottle of champagne to go along with the "five figure" check!

Slurps,

Holly and The Two Snufflers - Fulton the Smooshy Boy and Abby the Fierce Hunter