[Dailydrool] Senior boy in Kansas City

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Mar 6 04:28:07 PST 2013

Western Missouri Basset Rescue called the number for the senior Basset in Kansas City, he is doing well in the foster coordinators home, thriving and has come out of his shell. She says she loves him and wants to keep him but has many dogs in her home. I told her if she needed a place for him to go to give us a call but it sounded to me like she does not want to part with him.
Leslie Ames also called the foster coordinator and offered to send her money to get him nuetered and to pay for his heartworm treatment. We also asked for a picture of him but have not gotten a reply. I told the woman I look at the Pet Project list of needs every week and had not seen a picture of the Basset boy and she said he is a basset mix which really makes no difference I would hate to see a senior in a bad situation no matter what breed but I was surprised I had never even seen a dog on their list that even resembled a basset.
Anyway for now the woman who took him home from the shelter is loving on him and he seems to be very happy with her. She said the vet at the Pet Project would not nueter him or give him heartworm treatment because he seemed like he had a failure to thrive in the pound but since he is doing well at the womans home, eating and bouncing around like a new pup I hope she takes up Leslies offer to help him.