[Dailydrool] Back advice

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 11:25:45 PST 2013

Dear Auntie Kathy-

My pack has had a number of houndies with bad backs over the years ......  One or all of us have had pred shots, pills, quackropractic (to those who believe for houndies ...please don't write me, a bic pen clicked along the back would have done as much .) the aqui  shots in the back, pain pills, steroids (beware of bleeding on pred) 7k surgery, taken holistic stuff recommended by some Aunties.......I can see why ya might not want to do huge surgery on a lovely senior girlie......

The one thing that we have (borrowed from Auntie Beth Fuller, thank you!!) found to be very useful is the Help 'em  up harness. My humans have had a variety of harnesses, towels, lifty things over the years. This one is da best. Pricey.....but it fits over both shoulders and hips....clipping in the middle. Has handles!! If ya loop a thick leash through the backside, ya can pick up a furkid without killing your back. Really. They are the voice of experience on lots of the other things. Can get em from Eddie's wheels, but there are several providers on line. Gotta love it.

Pawtunia