[Dailydrool] advice for Scooby please?

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Thu Mar 7 18:49:45 PST 2013

Hello, first of all, I want to say how" sorry I am about  Maxine, I don't
write too often, and I apologize. But I know what heavey hurting  hearts are,
and at the same time, the little buppers in Rainbow Bridge happy as  young
pups again.........
Now my question is, I have Scooby, my black lab, 13 yrs. old,  and has been
in excellent health, never no health issues. However she has  started
limping with her front right leg, I am suspecting arthritis. She has  been to the
chiropractor many times, and we have had great sucess, and the  treatments
were necessary.  But the limp is still there, and it seems her  back legs
might be getting a tad weaker. Her attitude is great, she loves the  snow, and
she has been digging in it.  Her and Dottie have both been on  glucosamine
for a long time now, and the most help seemed to be "Green lipid  mussle"
that was in the product. I was getting it from Dogpawr and it was  wonderful,
however now they say they are out of stock for the next 6 - 8
weeks........really?
So now they are taking a supplement from the vet, they each  get 2 chews in
the morn and at night. Also they both get 3 fish oil thru out the  day, and
now I have started them both on Milk thistle, Scooby is on "deramaxx"
about every 2 or 3 days.  50 mgs.  I hate giving her that, because I  have had
very bad  luck with it, but it seems to be relieving her some. The  thistle
hel[ps the liver, protect it from damagae from deramaxx. I am  wondering
should I take her in for that injection someone was talking about? Vet  may want
to take a xray, that is fine. And some one mentioned Boswellia for
inflammation, I didn't know that......what do you people think is best to do for
her?  Also, does anyone know how much thistle to give? I am only givnig one
a day, but it says for people 2 or 3 a day........I love my bassets to
pieces,  but it sure is nice to have a dog actually come to you when you
call........I  forgot what that was like!  Thank you ahead of time, I can't even
tell you  how many times you people have gotten me thru so many hard times and
decisions............you're the best!  Barbie, Black Dog Scooby, and Miss
Boss, Dottie.

In a message dated 3/7/2013 6:27:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,