[Dailydrool] conclusion to the Buddy the Basset hound murder case

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 12:34:11 PST 2013

The California teenager, Andrew Delgado, who killed his family's Basset, Buddy (a former BHRSC rescue), has finally been sentenced. He is to serve 16 months in state prison minus time served and pay $8000 in fines, then be on parole for three years after release. according to the BHRSC website, the judge mentioned that he had received letters daily about the case and a petition was presented to court with 106,072 signatures. I think the Basset community can be encouraged that we can make a difference sometimes in these awful cruelty cases.