[Dailydrool] Whats In The Cookin Pot????

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Mar 9 18:07:20 PST 2013

Well Miss Sue, let me think of what went into the pot today.
First I have to giggle---years ago I gave Clara some broccoli in with her homemade food. Big HUGE mistake for Clara-she loved it but the gas out the tailpipe about blew the perch off the floor---so, I have bypassed broccoli since--but you know how Elwood is about things also.
I made about 16 quarts today, and it included beef liver (hate the smell, hounds love it), ground round burger (on sale this week), peas, carrots, green beans, fresh sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and some small pasta shells.
I have to say it all depends on what is on sale that is good for them. Jake is allergic to chicken so I usually go for beef-liver is good for them and is inexpensive so I plug my nose and let it rip. They love it when chuck roast is on sale, I look for mark down beef also.
They also like cottage cheese, yogurt , and get canned pumpkin every morning.
When I make it with chicken, I still have to make Jake a separate pot of his own, but we do that too.
If I have one that is sick, I don't use rice, I use egg noodles-just like chicken noodle soup, heck we all got that as kids when we were sick, and it has helped many of hounds here. Using the noodles instead of rice was recommended to me by a well known drooler that has helped and cured more dogs than we could ever count and she sure knows what she woofs.
Going food shopping with me is a true event shall we say, most of what is in the cart is for the four footers. I usually hit Wallyworld once a month and hit the frozen veggie isle. In the summer I hit the produce stands for fresh if the price is right.

My sister called today just frantic, she has fed her 4 cavaliers Nutro for some time, opened a new bag last weekend and had 4 sick dogs. I have sent her all the info I could find, but it sure is scary.

The Beach Hounds gave tonights menu a 4 paws up-

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger