[Dailydrool] Drool for Charley Bucket

Jenny Jordan jennyrjd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 07:24:26 PDT 2013

Hello fellow Droolers,

First of all, my boys send drool to all human and houndie friends that need
it.
Second,  to Tony K.  I am sorry that I don't know your full story but I am
heartbroken by your good bye to the drool.  I can't' imagine being without
my bassets.  and being sick and seperated is devastating.  I am so sorry
and I send my prayers your way.

Something is wrong with my Charley.  I came home from work Friday night and
they always greet me at the door.....Charley hops and jumps and I tell him
don't jump on mommy and he just hops and turms around and around.  Conner
barks, NON STOP until I get their food bowls and go to the closet and they
hear their food bowls being filled.  Then they follow me until I put their
bowls down.

I always put Conners down first and he goes at it like he is starving and
does not even look up to say thank you.  Before I get Charley his food he
very gently play bites me and after I put his food down he always looks up
and waits for me to pet him and say it is okay to eat.   Well, he did not
jump or turn and moved very slowly and sat down and ate his food.  Then he
very slowly came into the bedroom and laid on the floor.  His eyes were
half opened and I pet him.  He could not get on the bed.  I tried to help
him and he squealed in pain.  I called the vet and he told me to give him
an adult aspirin and wait and see.  Wayne took them both to the vet
saturday am (one cannot go without the other or literally the police will
be called to the house to see who is  being murdered.  It has happened
before!)

I am sorry for being long winded and I will try to wrap this up....the vet
gave Charley an antibiotic shot (just in case for his kidneys?)  and sent
him home with Tramadol.  He eats twice a day but is very lethargic.  He
still cant get up on the bed and walks very little (just to go outside).

Any advice or just some get better drool would be great.

Thanks and love to all.....Jenny