[Dailydrool] 2 years ago....

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Mar 13 14:42:35 PDT 2013

Yes, today is the anniversary of Elder Clara's trip to the Bridge. I hate the  thoughts, the day before is the hardest, knowing what is coming--that day approaches--yesterday was no exception. My spirits were as low as a basset belly, it was pouring buckets, I had a million miles to drive and was soaked by 7am---I decided to make a stop at one of my "haunts"--you know decent gas station, clean bathroom,---time to regroup a second here.
This is a true story-----no joke.
I went into the restroom, and here on the floor as I walked in to the stall of choice was a penny on the floor. I always pick up change on the ground-I find change all the time, I never mind if the penny is tails up-my beloved grandmother taught me the old saying years ago--penny penny bring me luck cause I'm the one that picked you up---that goes thru my head each time I pick up change-but this one was in front of the commode--heads up, bright and shiny--but still-there are limits---so here I am standing there looking at this penny and it gets the best of me.
I took a tissue and picked it up, went to the sink and washed the heck out of it--and there it was--and all of a sudden I knew--
A 2006 penny, the year Clara came to me--in front of the commode--only the Queen of Farts Elder Clara could of pulled this one off-----I had to shake my head and laugh. The old girl is still at it. My day became a bit easier because Clara reminded me--Don't Stop Believing---she told me she is okay, and she wanted me to smile too.
To me, Elder Clara was one in a million, she will never be forgotten, she did so much for many in her time.
The Beach Gang is having some steak tonight in her honor, and I am sure the party at the Bridge is rocking tonight.

Elder Clara--forever in my heart-and the penny is in my pocket.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger