[Dailydrool] Molting, Scottish walk, voting

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:51:27 PDT 2013

Oh my doG, do we ever have molting going on here! Jersey and Suzy shed on a
good day and, right now, the shedding is ten times worse than normal! Plus
one of the mastiffs is double coated and he's shedding too. I could build a
whole new hound with the fur that I'm sweeping up these days! We have tufts
of hair everywhere. I think the Furminator really pulls their hair so, to
get Dollie used to being brushed, maybe use a more traditional brush for a
bit till she gets used to it and discovers the joy of being brushed. Jersey
hated it when she first came to us. I don't think she had ever been brushed
but, after finding out that she basically got a massage while she's getting
defurred, she loves it.

I just LOVED watching the Scottish Walk! We'd be headed in four different
directions if we tried letting our four wander off leash. We have someone
do our mowing here and the last time they left the gate open and all five
hounds got out (Tybee was with us then) I was furious. It was the third
time that spring/summer and it was just plain ugly. They scattered in four
different directions (two of them stayed together) and I'm sure my
neighbors were quite entertained watching me run through the neighborhood
trying to corral these guys. No off leash walking for my Houndettes!

I always find it just amazing that you can get a large group of bassets
together like that and everyone gets along. I wonder how many other dog
breeds are that agreeable? The DH and I know that bassets are generally
good natured like that so it really has been a big shock to have our Ginger
act out the way she does. They all snark at each other on occasion but
we've never had a basset go into attack mode like she does. I really wish I
knew her history so I could understand why she acts that way. She does make
life interesting!

I'm not a tech wizard and I was able to muck my way through and find 4 the
Hounds and vote. Please persevere and continue to vote. They're still in
first place but not by a lot so we need to continue to push through to the
end of this round and have them win that money!

Get well and heart healing drool is being slung to all in need. The
mastiffs are here for a month or so while my daughter recovers from knee
surgery so we have lots to spare!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with mastiffs Brutus & Sasha