[Dailydrool] Miss Hattie

Michael Brooks michael.brooks88 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 10:10:52 PDT 2013

Our Miss Hattie left for the bridge today.  She was a loving, gentle old girl of 17.  Hattie came to live with us in May, 2005, thanks to Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue.  Adopting Hattie was how my wife and I found out about the Drool. Hattie was always on the shy side but always friendly..  I don't know that we'll ever had a gentler dog,  Hattie was pure Basset and all about food.  She would usually go to her bowl and let us know when SHE thought it was dinner time no matter if it was or not.  She could Hoover a meal with the best of them.  Hattie often had moments of being Pwincess and we quickly learned how to be good slaves.  Like all seniors, she had her problems.  She suffered from spondylosis and other things but she was tough and would fight hard until old age caught up with her.

It was so very hard to let her go.  We'll miss her sweet face, her tenderness, the gentle nose poking me in the leg  to let me know she wanted to go for a walk and lots of her special Hattietude about life.  She was know as the Snooter dog, Sweetness and Light, Miss-Miss, Missy, and sweet girl.  There are all kinds of stories I know we can all say about our babies so I guess I'll just say she was a wonderful girl otherwise I'll talk all day. We are so blessed to have gotten to share part of her life. She was extra special. Elder Clara was always right about adopting seniors..

Run and be free of pain, sweet Miss Hattie.  Daphne and Peabody will be there at the bridge to show you around. Diane, Damon and I will miss you forever but you are always in our hearts,

Mike, Diane, and Damon Brooks

Bella (the snaky basset)
Freyja (the little Arkansas wild kitty)

Hooter, Daphne, Peabody, and Miss Hattie - ATB