[Dailydrool] Update on Amanda Lynn

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 20 08:23:58 PDT 2013

The good news is that everything went without too much of a hitch.

She had 4 gigantic cysts removed from her back - and yes - thankfully - they
were simply cysts!  Her toofie cleaning went well and there were no problems
regarding her vitals while she was in surgery.  Doc sent out the blood work
and urinalysis to an outside lab and expects those results today.  This was
precautionary - as cholesterol in her blood and a propensity for struvite
stones plague her past.

We picked her up about 6pm last evening.  Suffice to say - she was and
remains miserable!  Fred and I slept on the floor last night with her in the
living room and she literally cried and whined most of the night.  She's
whining - as I write this...

I really can't blame her - as she has 3 incisions on her back - two that are
each five inches long and one that is a foot long which starts at the base
of her tail.  I'd be whining too!!!

She's had pain med's this morning but she is still in a lot of discomfort!
But she is eating - chicken and rice - drinking water - and peeing and
pooing without a problem!  But she can use all of the drool and prayers you
guys can muster...

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns