[Dailydrool] Murphy to the Bridge

Susan Intessimone sintessimone at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 19:14:13 PDT 2013

I know I haven't been on here in along time, but some of you may remember me.  Today I had to send Murphy to the Bridge.  We got him 2 weeks after the Grand Old Man Rusty Paws passed away suddenly in 2005 from a hemangiosarcoma that burst.  3 weeks ago today, Murphy, a beautiful red and white we adopted from Lone Star Basset Rescue, turned 8 years old.  Today, he was found pale and unresponsive at the base of the stairs at 6 am.  The kids and I rushed him to the emergency vet to find out he, too, had a ruptured hemangiosarcoma.  Surgery was not an option, so, sobbing uncontrollably, I had to send my precious boy to the Bridge.  For the first time in 18 years, I have only one basset.  Jeremiah is very very sad.  He and Murphy would grab their squeaky toys and run out to the yard.  Today, Jeremiah grabbed his and raced outside, only to return, pick up Murphy's and return to the yard and lay down dejectedly in the grass.

When school is out for the year (51 school days), we WILL adopt again.  As Ken Conover's poem "Your Pets in Heaven" says, "Don't hold the love you have within yourself.  Give it to another like me and then I will live forever."  Please keep your eyes and ears out for a red and white male, preferably around 7-8 years old (older is ok, too.)  Would like a big smooshy guy that likes cats and other dogs.....

See you at the Bridge, my beautiful boy
Murphy (3/2/2005 - 3/23/2013)

Susan and the San Antonio Basset
Jeremiah the Tripod