[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood.....

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Mar 24 05:19:29 PDT 2013

is still alive and very well here at the Beach. In fact, he has been on a roll of late. I am thinking this is revenge of bringing in Dollie, his senior sister.
A little story as he would say.
Back years ago, when I went to BellyRubs Basset Rescue to bring Brudder Jake home, I called hubby and said that crate we bought for Jake will not be big enough-this guy is gonna be huge, take that one back and get a larger one please. Hubby complied, and when I got back with Jake, here was the crate, large enough for a great dane. It has seved him well, but huge.
Fast forward to this week. Another killer at work, and I know the dogs feel my stress--
Friday, I had to leave very early, and I was upstairs putting on the glad rags and I hear a noise, I finish up and go down and here was Brudder Elwood. The door had been left ajar on Jakes crate, Elwood went into the crate to drag out Jakes bed, but gosh it must of got caught on the door--so here was Elwood, he didn't give up, he was dragging the crate thru the dining room, pulling with all his mite.
Mr Innocent had a smile on the snooter.
Off goes Elwood for the family room as I get Jakes crate back in place.
I walk to the kitchen just in time to see Elwood going thru the dog door with the perch cover--a heavy quilt--that is now in the middle of the back yard.
I go out and get it, off he roars back into the house.
I came back in and here is the idiot now on the couch with my couch blanket in his choppers.
MY blanket.

Elwood landed in the crate shortly after that. A gleam in his eyes.
The brown truck has not arrived.
There is no hope for this one.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,