[Dailydrool] Gulping food

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Tue Mar 26 12:20:29 PDT 2013

My mom had a muffin tin and filled each of the 12 sections with a little food. Slowed Molly right down

with her gulping. Mom also had many  plastic, non skid kid's place mats (the kind with the foam-like

backing), so the noise from the muffin tin was under control. She had place mats for all the holidays

and seasons and a few "doggie" ones and it was really cute to see what was out at any given time.

Molly could not have cared less, probably, but it was still cute.

Marilyn Briggs

P.S. I would also have Elsie checked for worms, if you haven't already. Just in case.

My Elsie is 15 mos. old. She is a pig. Constantly acts like she is starving,
counter cruiser etc. My problem is meal time she gulps her food not even sure
she chews. I am so afraid she might bloat from the gulping. I purchased food
bowls for her that have the knobs inside so that she SHOULD have to slow down.
The dogs all get the same amount of food. I put her bowl down last and she is
always the first one done. Today I tried dividing the meal into 3 sections
giving her one after the other as she finished the first and she was still
finished first. Any ideas??? I am feeling desperate to slow her down anyone who
has tamed the eating habits of a ravenous dog like this I sure would appreciate
any thought or ideas you might have.
Shirley Mueller
MOM to Sally Belle, Gordy, Rosie and Elsie