[Dailydrool] Plugged or occluded tear ducts

Margie Downum mldndallas at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 09:52:49 PDT 2013

I've been a member of the drool since 1997 or 98, when I had my first Basset, and although I am currently without a hound, I faithfully continue to be a daily lurker.  I currently have a little white fluffy dog with plugged tear ducts, confirmed by several failed tests using ophthalmic drops, etc.  My vet put Said fluffy white dog on Temeril-P tablets and Prostora chewable tablets, at $2.00 a pill!  Of course he won't eat the chewable pill unless it is disguised in food.  I've had the pup for 16 months (he is now 2 1/2 estimate by vet) and he has had a couple of previous episodes of runny, dark gunk that cleared up on it's on, but never lasted for as long or as severe as this time.   We live in north Texas and allergies and other air born pollutants are a daily given.   Riley is a therapy dog at the Alzheimer's Assisted Living and Memory care unit where my Mom lives, and is adored by most of the residents.  When his eyes are runny and stained, we can't visit.  Does anyone have similar experience with their hounds or Basset want-a-be's and or have any any suggestions?  I provide reverse-osmosis water for him to drink, and he has been on Blue Buffalo kibble since I adopted him.  If you want to contact me off-Drool please feel free.   mldndallas at aol.com

Margie with Mandy ATB who still occasionally makes her presence known
Patches, Bosco and wanna-a-be Wosie, all ATB

Sent from my iPad