[Dailydrool] On Being a Fairy Princess

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Mar 30 13:14:25 PDT 2013

Dear Browyn:
I must introduce myself to you, it seems. I was the original Drool Fairyprincess, Alexis Thefairyprincess of the Dashing Bassets. I have been at the Bridge for a number of years now, so I am sending you this by way of my stunt double, Holly, who has taken my spot, but not my place, at the Dashing Basset household.

As Fairyprincess founder, I must object to the idea that such a princess must be in trouble. I led a nearly perfect life in my retirement home at the Dashing Bassets. My only flaws, if one can call them that, were a penchant for used tissues and, well, tasty poop. But my mama knew that even the most perfect hound cannot be fully perfect, so she forgave me for those small failings.

As to serious attitude, I always had that. Bassetude was always my strong point, though I was a very gentle soul. But we all know bassets need to be well spoiled, and I had a distinct lack of spoiling in my first home. The Dashing Basset humans made sure I got all the spoiling I'd previously missed. When I left earth, the mama was very upset that she'd not had enough years to spoil me in.

However, do not make Fairyprincessness a reason for misbehaving. A lady, and princesses are always ladies, should never roll in the mud when she is well dressed. FPs should always have a proper attitude, to encourage worship from the humans, who are simply frail beings and need a basset to look up to.

I hope you continue to grow in your FPness and will outgrow these youthful exuberances. I encourage you to learn how to rule your humans with a velvety paw that gently extracts obedience.

If you need a few more pointers on being an FP, I will be happy to help you. Holly will always have my number.
Alexis Thefairyprincess, gentle ruler of the Dashing Basset humans
Dictated to Holly, current Queen of the DBB household