[Dailydrool] Flea Meds

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 15 14:44:39 PDT 2013

We also use Comfortis, as needed on the Bounders.
I really hate the topicals.   Also, we work hard at keeping the yard free of
fleas.  We have a pet friendly pest control lady who comes monthly, and I
have been known to attach a one of those sprayer on the hose, filled with
blue Dawn dish washer detergent and spray the heck out of the yard.  The
blue dawn will coat them and kill them.  I put it on very heavy and will go
through a couple of bottles doing our back yard.  It does not hurt the
hounds or the plant life.  Of course, the weeds enjoy a good bath.

If you want to test blue dawn,  fill a glass of water, put a drop or two of
blue dawn in it and stir it with your finger.   Then get a flea and just
drop the flea into the glass.  It will sink to the bottom very fast.  I
think, it coats them, and they have an exoskeleton, so basically it coats
and suffocates them.   All my theory, but we do not have fleas.

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us out!
www.bassetshop.com          shop online and help the Bounders