[Dailydrool] Calendar Day May 1st

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 13:02:58 PDT 2013

Today is our calendar day.  Gunter is the one on the top, Wulfie is on the bottom sleeping.  I miss my baby so much, and thought this would be a good day to tell you all about him.  I wanted a basset for as far back as I can remember.  I had a big stuffed one that sat on my bed.  I am very allergic to dogs and have severe asthma, so I could never have a dog.  8 years ago, I started getting Xolair shots, and my allergies got so much better from them that I was able to think about getting a dog.  A co-worker and her husband were basset breeders and they brought the puppies by work after they'd gotten their shots.  I saw them outside and immediatly dropped everything to go out there and see them.  I held Gunter and it was love at first sight.  We put a deposit on him right there and brought him home Easter Sunday, 7 years ago.  He was my baby, he loved everyone but he was my heart dog from the day I saw him.  He was a funny goofball and always made me laugh.  He kept me sane these past few years dealing with my husband's bi-polar disorder and I don't know how I would have gotten through it without him.  They truly are people in basset suits.  He loved squeaky toys, he would kill the squeaky and shred the toy in less than a minute, but he had so much fun doing it, we bought them for him anyway.  He loved to look out the window, he'd bark at anything that moved.  He never howled though.  He would do the snoopy dance for me when I came home from work, and wouldn't let me out of his sight while I was home.  Grandpa (Brian's Dad) was his other favorite person, it was adorable watching them together.  Gunter loved puppies, when the breeder told me they were having another litter and we decided we wanted a puppy for him.  We'd bring him to visit every weekend once they were old enough.  He would lay there and let all of them crawl all over him, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  He was so happy when we brought Wulfie home.  They were very bonded and Wulfie is still grieving but he has been SO much better since we brought Heidi home.  She is a dickens but she makes me laugh and we love her very much.  It's amazing how they rescue you as much as you rescue them.    We are sending drool to everyone that needs it and thanks to everyone on the list you have all helped so much in the time that I've been on the drool.

Kim with Wulfgang (do we get treats for your anniversary)? Heidi the fairy princess, and Gunter watching from the bridge.