[Dailydrool] What an evening ......

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 7 22:05:00 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

I walked the dogs tonight.  Snoopy was .... well don't get me started about
Snoopy, he's been sticking by his age old adage "why be difficult when with just
the tiniest bit of additonal effort you can be impossible?"  Snoopy doesn't do
anything half way.  Boy is lucky to be alive.  By the end of the evening even
LuLu was chasing him out of her way and yelling at him.  I forget how many times
he tackled Gracie this evening (2 or 3) but she's had it with his antics as
well.  On our walk we encountered a couple of other dogs.  Gracie was charming,
Gracie was diplomatic, Gracie was a doll...... and Snoopy was an idiot.
 Screaming and ahrooooooooing and snapping and lunging when the dogs got close.
 For goodness sakes he KNOWS these dogs and one of them is a 9 month old puppy.
 He wasn't trying to bite and he didn't bite and he didn't get bit (though lord
only knows why what a jerk)   So we were trotting along toward home and Gracie
saw some cat pooo and stopped to sniff it and Snoopy, yup, Snoopy went for her
big time.  I gotta learn to carry a quirt bottle or something, geez, it looked
like world war 3, but I got them apart and away from the poop and there wasn't a
mark on either of them and along we trotted back toward the house side by side
tails up and wagging like nothing even happened.  Gimme a break ......

It gets worse.  We get TO OUR HOUSE and the neighbor from across the street
flags me down to ask for my help and before he can say much else here comes that
9 month old pup down OUR street now and Snoopy's head spins around backwards and
he starts to yell... and Joseph (that's my neighbor) takes Snoopys lead and tell
him "hey Snoopy"  and Gracie and I walk over and sniff and are real nice with
the pup while Snoopy just ..... well, Joseph is a big tall guy and Snoopy could
NOT pull him down so it's all good I guess and then the pup went home and Joseph
tells me their problem.  There's a black crow with a broken wing back behind his
garage .... huge birds, these crows .... maybe they're ravens?  Anyway Jospeh
has 3 little kids and one big dog and he called animal control and they won't
come out.  Told him they would give him an address he could take the bird if he
could "collect it."  See that's why he was looking for me .... I do animal
rescue right?  Seriously.  So I drag my crate out of the garage and these folks
get me a blanket which I draped over the bird and they got me gloves and I
picked up the blanketed bird and placed it in the crate.  It shook off the
blanket and stood up but was holding it's wing at a weird angle.  So they were
gonna transport the thing in my crate.  Any good suggestions on what to do with
the crate when I get it back?  Bleach?  Burn it?  Leave it out in the garage for
a decade?  All of the above?

But it doesn't end there, oh no, not there.  I got home and LuLu wants her walk,
let's go momPerson, I'm not staying home with those two clowns lets GO so we go
walking and we see Cody the big brown Lab and he and LuLu have a nice sniff and
Cody's people ask me "where's that big loud one?"  Let's don't go there, shall
we ...... so we head on back towards home and we see at least two more neighbors
along the way that asked me why LuLu was NOT screaming ahoooooooooo.

More later from the clueless momPerson who had a day lemme tell ya