[Dailydrool] jp

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 15:32:10 PDT 2013

JP is doing well again, whew, and thanks to all for the drools and prayers.

 Because of the surgery, and the fact that I had a really hard time loading him in the sedan at discharge time, I am getting a Honda Odyssey.  I never, never wanted a mini van, and I love my Accord, but I am doing it for the dogs, most especially JP.
When I went to pick JP  I was careful to pick a spot that was clear and lots of room, but by the time I got him discharged, a car had pulled close to mine.  I don't know why I didn't ask the man to move his car for a moment, he must have given me a vibe, and the waiting room was busy and crowded and JP was groggy, so I didn't want to make him go back in as he was so happy to finally be out.  I turned the staircase I use sideways, and I had JP's belly lift harness, and while it was  harder than it should have been, he got in with difficulty.  At least with the Odyssey, I will have the option of rear loading, and I can get a ramp which was not an option for the sedan.  Sigh, what one does for the hounds.
The timing for this decision is good, however, as my sister is in dire need for a new car, so I can trade hers in for mine, and trade mine over to her.  As a family unit, it is a very practical financial decision, and my sister is such a procrastinator that she probably wouldn't get one until next year.  I will feel better that she is in a safer ride.
The social worker at the nursing home called to say they are moving Mom to a semi private from a quad, and she will be by a nurses station.  I asked if there was a medical concern that she be moved, and Lisa said no.  I asked what is the price difference, and she wasn't aware there was one.  I spoke to the business manager when I arrived to visit Mom, and the new room would cost $30 more a day, but the biz manager is very nice to me and loves Pierre, and she told me to tell the administrator in charge, Marc, that I would agree to the room change if he lets her transfer there but I still pay the lower rate.  He said he could not do that, so Mom stays in the quad, which is a nice room, and I like her there.  I thought the room they were going to move her to wasn't as nice, even if it was only a two bed.  Oh, I hope that pressure sore closes soon so I can get her home.
Whenever the nursing home rattles me, I get in a "stuck" moment, and that is why I stopped at Honda, spur of the moment.  The same salesman who sold me the Accord was there, and the wheels are in motion, no pun intended.
The nursing home better stop rattling me, but in the long run, the car situation will be good.  Later on, I will ask for suggestion how to tie down crates.
Ugh, mini Van... but if it is good for the hounds, I will deal.  Eventually, when the airs clears for me, maybe I can get involved in doing transports for rescue.
Healing drool for all in need.
Jackie and the herd