[Dailydrool] I am a Mom

Rose Hughes rosekh at aol.com
Sat May 11 09:16:09 PDT 2013

I am a Mom:  My house is much messier than it was before my children arrived, but my house is now a home.
 I am a Mom:  I don't travel as much as I used to, but now home is my favorite place to be.
 I am a Mom:  Because of my kids, I wake up much earlier than I'd like to, but being greeted by them is the best way to start the day.
 I am a Mom:  When they're sick, I worry.  When they can't sleep, I can't sleep.  When they need a doctor, I take them.  When they need medicine, they get it, no matter the cost.  When they are well, I exhale, and say thank you.
 I am a Mom:  When I decided I wanted them, I knew my life would change, but I didn't realize how much I would.
... I am a Mom:  If one of my children were lost, my world would stop until he was found.
 Unlike most Moms of human children, I will probably outlive all of mine, and my greatest act of Motherly love will be to be with them when they go.  It is something I try not to think about, but I will do it, because I am a Mom.

This was written by yours truly as a Happy Mother's Day to those of us who have children, even if some people (those who just don't get it) might not think we do.

Rose, Annie, Fred, and Marty the Beagle