[Dailydrool] Two Old Queen's Woofle WINNERS!

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Mon May 13 07:42:07 PDT 2013

Well, another Woofle is done. Winners chosen and nothing left to do but deliver the prizes. This was a tough one without Queen Xandy Bear to beg for moolah-she was really good at it and with Queen Pawtunia out of commission we had to improvise. I did learn that the rest of the pack does have a voice and a sense of humor with the exception of Gracie Allen who seems a "wee" bit sensitive about the teasing about her weight. I learned that if you really want to get hold of Pawtunia you probably shouldn't leave it to Clyde Kadiddlehopper although he and Rusty seem to have a budding bromance beginning made up mostly of conversations that begin with, "Hey." " Dude, whassup?" Apparently it's a guy thing. I learned that we pick up and go on even through the tears and the sadness because in the end the hounds still need the money and our job is not done because XB is no longer with us. Huggie Bear, our reluctant Woofle leader, grieved big when XB left.  For about 3 months I became XB's surrogate for Huggie. She would seek me out to lie on the bed or couch with her in XB's place and she bossed me around mercilessly.  Thankfully, just these last couple of weeks she seems to have settled back into her old behaviors. She's no longer as clingy and needy although just as bossy. Would it be wrong to say I miss it a little bit? Anyway, we want to thank all of you who supported us with our Two Old Queens Woofle this year and now to get to the good part-here is our list of winners.  Congratulations!! Please confirm whether or not you will be at the Waddle so I can figure out who gets their prize delivered and what needs to be mailed.

Oversized cookie jar      Kay Jordan

Boucher pin                    Marilyn Deucher

Basset hood ornament  Wendie Prince

Basset on book                Pam Watkins

Bone china teapot          Pat Mayer

Basset dessert set           Amanda Sherwin

Best of Breed watch       Douglas Dropp

HB's bassetude package Dawn Van Keuren

Hilfiger umbrella              Janice Colvin

Wind chime                       Denise Manna

Pawtunia's pin                  Barb Sorenson

Elvis' package                    Diana Grove

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121