[Dailydrool] What a day

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 14:07:33 PDT 2013

Yesterday was good.  I had so much positive energy, I did half of my cleaning chores that I would have done today, I prepped an order of Boyd's bear figurines to bring to the shop that allows me to sell them there on consignment and most importantly, all the hounds were well behaved and healthy.
Then came today.  This am, I noticed that JP's incision was opening, so I booked him an early app't.  The Vet with whom I had the app't was backed up, and it was only 9:15, and I had the landscaper coming over to do a big job (my privacy shrubs to be planted), and I had to be available to sign for a check that was supposed to be coming in the mail.  (Good thing I forgot that until I got home.)  JP was stressing in the waiting room, so I stayed as calm as possible for his benefit, but in truth, I had stress also.  JP is OK.  He got a new solution to clean his wounds, and he will wear a cone part time.  The landscaper was still unloading the shrubs when I pulled in the drive, and the mail hadn't arrived yet.  (Turns out, the check was never cut, so it never arrived - I will wire the funds instead.)
So, I started with laundry, got a bunch of loads done, then I get the call.  JP is positive for cancer.   It is a different type of cancer than the rectal one, but very close.  So, it is spreading.  I told the Vet that Pumpkin has a similar looking Wart on her head, and asked whether it should be looked at again, and of course the answer was yes.  I brought her in right away, and she is booked for surgery tomorrow.  She is 12 1/2, has a heart murmur, and had a stage 2 mast cell tumor removed several years ago.  She has spinal and knee arthritis, but you would never know it except she is starting to have trouble with stairs, and she goes down in the back legs on occasion.  I have been asking for so much drool lately, I hate to ask again.
Needless to say, I left the vacuuming for tomorrow.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd