[Dailydrool] Little boy pee question

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu May 16 12:39:55 PDT 2013

We've had a number of bassets we adopted and even more who spent time here as fosters. I have never seen one of them pee the way Horton does. He stretches out his back legs, almost in what I call "frog legs," where they are turned out and flat on the ground. He doesn't quite touch the ground, but leans forward so his pee doesn't get anywhere near his legs.

Does anyone else have a dog who does this? I wonder if it has anything to do with his broken hind leg. Maybe this felt more comfortable than lifting a leg?

If I can get a picture of this, I will have to share it on Facebook, but I just haven't had a camera around at the right moment.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets