[Dailydrool] they missed me....

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Thu May 23 09:05:51 PDT 2013

Got home around 1:30 Tuesday from Michigan. Grabbed Gracie Allen out of the back seat and went inside. Glenn had walked in 5 minutes before me and as I said hello was cleaning up poor Clyde's diarrhea. Clyde was laying on his couch looking a bit sweaty and miserable. It was a hot day. I asked how long he'd had the squirts and Glenn said he'd just started.  What an unusual way to say welcome home. Then I looked up at the top of the steps.  Huggie Bear was there for a moment, saw it was me, glared and stomped off to the couch. It didn't help that wee Gracie was dancing around singing, "I got to go but you didn't!" I started unloading the car and putting things away.  Glenn took the dirty laundry down to wash and I decided to go outside and sit on the deck.  Gracie is still showing off.  I call to Huggie Bear who is now outside. She sits down just outside the door, turns her head away from me and says, "did you hear something?"  She then stalks off to her perch in the tree house(our tree house is at ground level built around the tree). Clyde plops down beside me for a good scratching.  When the hounds dinner time came I went up and made the bowls.  Chicken and rice with Immodium for Clyde and meat and sardines for the other two.  Huggie graciously allows me to feed her but will not acknowledge me.  Suddenly Glenn appears in the kitchen hand over one eye, the other arm flailing in the air shouting that he'd just been stung by a bee by his eye. I'm so glad to be home as I hand him 2 Benadryl from the hounds stash and a glass of water. Since the hounds are out of meat I head to the freezer and take out the meat I had cooked and frozen before I left that I told Glenn to take out when he ran out while I was gone.  Dare I even ask what he's been feeding them? Do I really want to know? The next morning Huggie Bear's belly alarm goes off.  I pull her up on the bed and try to snuggle but she's having none of it.  She swears she has no idea who I am and I am getting awfully personal with her. She threatens to jump off the bed which she NEVER does since she hurt her back so I let her back down sighed and went downstairs to feed the hounds. More chicken and rice with Immodium for Clyde and the now thawed meat and veg for the other two(make a note to take more veg out of the freezer). I head to work. When I get home Huggie Bear is still ignoring me despite offers of treats, hugs, pets-she's shunning me. Clyde is feeling a bit better and Gracie is back to checking the perimeter of the yard for intruders. Hopefully Huggie Bear will decide to forgive me for leaving her home in the next couple of days...

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121