[Dailydrool] Maggie Rou and the cyst-ectomy

C Bradley cbradley at bradleyaudio.com
Thu May 23 07:28:18 PDT 2013

Our tiny Magnolia (Maggie) Rou had a cyst on her back that was getting
bigger and bigger. Finally we decided to take her in and the vet recommended
removing it because he said it would just come back anyway. She went in for
a quick pre-surgery check (you know - where you sign all the paperwork that
says what you will and will not pay for, etc). Of course we check it all -
whatever our little girl needs. She rolled over on the exam table so Dr Foss
could give her a pre-surgery belly rub. And she squirmed and wiggled when
she was getting checked over - the only time she slows down is when she's
sleeping and even then, I am sure she is thinking up mischief.

She came home a few hours later. She cried a couple times in the car (very
short trip). But once she was home and the rest of the herd was done
sniffing and getting all the data, she was fine and bouncy and excited and
wild. We got her a blow-up collar to keep her from licking, and every few
hours, she figures out how to get it off. Keeping a young basset out of
trouble is a full time job. Seth calls her Franken-dog though because she
had big ol' stitches. But she's doing very well.

Seth & Christie Bradley in Hood River, OR
Maggie Roux (basset), Izzy (spasset), Daphne (lab)
3 cats and ducks &chickens