[Dailydrool] Glaucoma update. food and other stuff...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Tue May 28 18:06:31 PDT 2013

Today Delilah Belle had a re-check with her eye vet.  Lilah is our shy gurl and while she tolerates the wonderful staff at the Animal Eye Vetspital, she would simply prefer to do a walk-thru, collect her treat and head back to the car for the rides which she very much enjoys, LOL.  We were pleased to learn that her eye pressures today were the LOWEST EVER since she was diagnosed with the glaucoma which basically removed the eyesight in her left eye.  In fact, it was in the mid-normal range of 8!  We are thrilled that she continues to do well and believe that this can be attributed to our diligence with her routine of three eye drops daily AND the StemPet treats she gets at dinnertime.  These treats are made by the same company - StemTech - which makes the people supplement which I take for my fibromyalgia and which has provided the pain relief which nothing else did. All of their products and supplements use adult stem cell technology.  I also smash up a tablet each day and mix it into our Bart Black Kitty's food since his diagnosis of an oral tumor six weeks ago.  He's put on some weight and seems to be holding his own.  Even if it can't save him, if it gives him better quality of life in the time he does have it will be a good thing.  If anyone would like to check out the website for these products, it is www.njmedic.stemtechbiz.com

My heart goes out to you, Val on Daisy Mae's loss.  Some signs of bloat are so similar to a simple stomach upset that they are easy to miss.  Daisy Mae couldn't have been more well-loved than she was by you and your hubby.  Hugs...and heart healing drool.

Food - It's a difficult issue, determined in part by what one can afford and what one's hounds need and can tolerate.  We opted to go with a grain-free formula for our two secondary to Delilah's yeasty ears.  I've tried many brands but with so many recalls of what used to be considered "premium" food, I have chosen to go with a USA-made company with several flavor options/formulas called Flint River Ranch.  They have never had a recall and their customer service is wonderful.  I buy 40 pounds a month for our two; they get a cup in the am and pm to which I add pumpkin in the am and a heaping tablespoon of plain vanilla yogurt and half a can of well-rinsed greenie beans to their evening bowl.  It suits them just fine and cost me about $85 per month including shipping right to our door.  I understand where you are coming from, however, Riche.  For years we fed Purina Dog Chow before there was as many options and no recalls.  I think you have to go with your gut instinct and your dog's needs.

Drool to all who need it...
Hugs and snooters,
Sandi, Mamaslave to Delilah and Dozer of NJ