[Dailydrool] Tomato Battles

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:54:07 PDT 2013

Waldo used to eat my tomatoes, too (the ones that the squirrels didn't
get.) A friend of mine who's an avid gardener gave me a trick that's worked
for me ever since. Mix some liquid soap (like dish soap) with hot sauce in
a  spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way with water. Spray your
veggies with this on a regular basis as they're growing. It keeps the
animals away. Just remember to rinse them well before you eat them!

Your mileage may vary, of course, depending on how determined your hounds
are.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB