[Dailydrool] Dear Ms Esther Person

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:46:26 PDT 2013

Gracie,

Thank you very much for the clarification of the issues. Basil is a
mild-mannered hound, and would never think to complain about my setup. But
I can clearly see now that it is indeed my fault, and I will do my best to
provide a better work environment for Basil.

I do believe, though, that he also has room for improvement. His jQuery
skills are top-notch, but he hasn't quite managed to wrap his ears around
the whole object-oriented PHP thing (he's quite good with procedural, but
we're in the 21st century, after all.) To make this my fault, perhaps I
haven't provided him enough access to training. (Hmm... I wonder if that
excuse would work with MY employer.)

As far as flies go, he doesn't believe those are his responsibility. It
also may have something to do with his poor eyesight... Waldo, his
predecessor, used to remind me of the scene in the Karate Kid with the
chopsticks. He'd patiently wait for a fly to buzz past him, then SNAP! He'd
catch it so quickly I almost couldn't see it happen.

In any case, I take full responsibility. Basil thanks you for your advocacy.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB