[Dailydrool] Phoebe update

Sue And David Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Tue May 7 18:24:18 PDT 2013

Pam,

Thanks for the feedback.  I had no idea Kennel Cough could be so serious.

I was really trying to trust my local vet who I have gone to for 10 years.

But he did not use a broad spectrum antibiotic and he never ordered any
cough suppressant or bronchodilators to use even after I took her back the
next day before I went to the 24 hour ER.

I was so afraid that her airway was going to close off.  She was having
trouble on both inspiration and expiration.

She does seem better tonight. She has not needed her cough suppressant since
12:00 noon today.  But I will give it before I go to bed tonight and start
weaning her tomorrow with half a dose.

Thank you Lord that neither Tilly nor Harvey have come down with it!

Sue - the tired nurse