[Dailydrool] Lazy howler

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Fri Nov 1 21:43:21 PDT 2013

All our dogs howl at approximately 7 p.m. every evening. No apparent reason.

Later at night, usually about 10 or so, the coyotes start up and our
dogs answer. Tonight I happened to observe The Basset Hound, who had
been sleeping soundly on one of the couches, join in the howing chorus
-- without lifting her head even one quarter inch. She just lay flat out
and howled. When all was quiet again, which usually takes about 45
seconds, she went back to sleep -- never having stirred herself. That's
talent. Also economy. Showing team spirit without actually having to
exert any energy. Gotta love her.

Riche